Monday, June 1, 2009

It is a done deal!

So today I registered for the 5K. I am going to do it. I have set my mind to it. I have been thinking about it for a week and since then I have ran  2 miles on 3 separate occasions, ran 1 mile, and walked 1 mile every day that I wasn't running... The hard part will be finding time to run at camp next week...

My goal: Realistically, I cannot run the entire thing. I would die. But I know I can run twice as much as I walk. And if I walk as little as I am planning, my goal is to do the run in under 38 minutes. Hey, not record breaking by any stretch, but it breaks any record for me as a Jurek (maybe even faster than my soccer-playing Harlan days...) 

So here is the point: Pray. Hard

DSC_7739nx.jpg

 

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt in my mind, you will finish and finish well. I'm praying for ya!! Happy running/walking. You are motivating me to get off my hiney. (sp?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA! I think I need to get to training. I wimped out on a run today, but I do have a mean speed walk! Let me know when you're back from Camp, and I might come over to run with you and Mac. I need the training.
    LOVE and YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers