Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Busywork, mostly

The Message- Ecc. 3: 9-13, 14-15
But in the end, does it really make a difference what anyone does? I've had a good look at what God has given us to do-busywork, mostly. True, God made everything beautiful in itself and in its time-but he's left us in the dark, so we can never know what God is up to...I've decided there is nothing better to do than go ahead and have a good time and get the most we can out of life. That's it-- eat, drink, and make the most of your job. It's God's gift. 
I've also concluded that whatever God does, that's the way it's going to be, always. No addition, no subtraction. God's done it and that's it. That's so we'll quit asking questions and simply worship in holy fear. 
Whatever was, is. 
Whatever will be, is. 
That's how it always is with God. 

Over the past several weeks, I have spent a lot of time questioning my "plans" in life. While I think I have great plans, I wonder if these are the plans God has for my life and I wonder if I am choosing the way that I will be able to "simply worship in holy fear" to the best of my ability. 

I have recently realized that in my feeble attempts to figure out God's plan for my life, I spend much time missing the great life that I am living. I know the Lord has amazing, wonderful things in store for me and I find myself so excited about these things that I often miss the opportunities I have right now to enjoy the great life I have... 

So here it goes, the point: I really want to strive to have a good time and get the most out of my life now instead of waiting around for the future. I mean, if in the Bible it lists eating, drinking and making the most of your job as God's gift, think of all the REALLY wonderful gifts out there for me right now!! 

1 comment:

  1. I love your ability to put express your thoughts in a beautiful way! Praying for the life God desires for you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers