Thursday, February 12, 2009

January 2008... I mean Feb. 2009!

I feel that time just keeps on moving and passing me by! I really cannot get over how quickly the year is going. Is anyone else still writing 2008 at the ends of dates? To make matters worse, apprently in my brain I still think it is January. So I have rewritten many a check, because apparently my brain thinks that it is still January 2008!!

I am really looking forward to a lazy weekend this weekend. Kyle is working and I only have one big project for Saturday: Attempting to make my first Cheesecake. It is Snickers and for our small group. So we will see how that turns out.

This week we have had an amazing marriage conference at church. I really appreciate how forward our speakers were (Lynn and Jerry Jones) with very direct, concrete, step based things to apply to your marriage. I know we can't incorporate them all, but hey- we are going to try to go on a walk together today. :) Also, we are two months away from our anniversary to we are going to try their goal suggestion.
Marriage Goals (Yearly evaluation):
What did we accomplish this year?
What are my top 6 goals for this year?
Then you are to swap papers, read each others goals and create your goals as a couple.

So here's the point: Now I have 2 months to decide my big 6 for the coming year (2009-2010), when I am still stuck in January 2008. This could be tough!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I am still in awe of the week we had! The marriage seminar was FABULOUS! There are not enough positive adjectives to describe how awesome. Ok... enough already. I hope your cheesecake turns out. I have faith in your culinary skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddie, I am still in 2008 in my mind. We only write maybe 6-8 checks a YEAR! So you can imagine my frustration.

    I look at you and Kyle and am so thankful for the two of you and your maturity in your marriage even though you have been married less than a year. I know tht comes from both of your foundational beliefs being based in Christ. I can't wait until the Marriage Retreat! What a great follow-up for the seminar.

    By the way, as you already know, the Snickers Cheesecake was incredible. Cody wants for me to get the recipe and Stan is afraid for me to get it. LOL. I think he is afraid of going crazy over it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers