Saturday, March 14, 2009

What A Week!

Not great, Not bad, just WOW. What a week. 

Things at work have been crazy, just the usual there as we prepare to All State (next Thursday-Saturday), District Festival (the following Tuesday) and State Festival. Also this week I started back work on my Master's Degree. My current course is Research and Bibliography- which basically means, lots of reading and writing about how to reading and write.

To top it off, my kids went psycho on Friday and on Thursday I found out I have another pregnant student. In the 3 years I have been teaching, this is the 4th (that I have known about)- which is just added stress to think about the poor kid. I really wanted her to do well- she was doing so much better, but this was just a bad choice. 

Kyle is working all weekend, but I am really enjoying the time at home to clean, reflect on the past week and do homework. The rainy weather has also kept me in, which is nice because it makes me get things done. 

On a positive note, I have walked the dog about a mile every day this week, done pilates 3 times (about to be 4) and have been limiting and watching what I eat every day this week cutting out about 300-400 calories a day. YAY for me. But this is not a DIET, I refuse to use the D-word, because then I will quit. :) 

So here's the point: I know this is not my usual type of blog, but this has not been the usual type week! 

1 comment:

  1. How sad for your student. I pray that she will make good choices in the future.
    Good luck on doing the things you need to in order to get your degree! We're pulling for ya!

    ReplyDelete

Followers